A Guide To NRG1 Gene Fusion Cancer Clinical Trials
Searching for NRG1 fusion-positive cancer clinical trials can be difficult and understanding all treatment options is overwhelming. Patients with NRG1 fusion-positive cancer may be wondering what the right course of action is to decide which treatment option and clinical trial is right for them.
It doesn’t have to be done alone.
We've created an actionable guide that lays out the considerations when dealing with cancer treatment and clinical trials to ensure no step is missed and to help manage the process.
Step 1: Understanding NRG1 Gene Fusions
Understanding NRG1 Gene Fusion
- Neuregulin 1 (NRG1) gene fusions in tumors are often oncogenic drivers, causing the cancer to grow and spread more quickly than cancers without a mutation.
- NRG1 is a gene of the epidermal growth factor family and is involved in the proliferation and survival of cells.
- Genomic tests are used to analyze a biopsy of the tumor for NRG1 mutations that may respond to targeted therapies.
- With the help of genomic tests, better targeted cancer treatment can be planned, including personalized treatments such as targeted therapies.
Step 2: How Clinical Trials Can Help
How Clinical Trials Can Help
There are 9 active clinical trials involving NRG1 gene alterations for many different cancer types taking place in the United States. Participating in a clinical trial not only progresses much-needed research, but also gives patients access to these new innovative therapies years before the general population.
The new treatments investigated in today's cancer clinical trials are:
- Targeted therapies for new biomarkers
- Immunotherapy using new monoclonal antibodies
- Combinations of chemotherapies with other drugs
- New methods of surgery
Step 3: How We Can Help
How We Can Help
At Massive Bio, our mission is to enable cancer patients to have equal access to cutting-edge therapies and clinical trials, regardless of their location and/or financial stability.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Clinical Trial Matching System connects patients and their treating oncologists to clinical trials according to their unique cancer case.
We enlist dedicated staff to collect medical records and treatment history and match patients to eligible trials near their home. We provide full support throughout your enrollment process to ensure logistics are handled so you can concentrate on your health.
Would you like to learn more?
Finding this content to be helpful?
Share your email address with us to receive more information about how to navigate a cancer diagnosis and some bonus info detailing how we can help walk you through it all.
Interested in NRG1 Gene Fusion Cancer Clinical Trials?
Massive Bio is 4x more successful in finding cancer clinical trial matches for patients than any other service provider. Partner with our patient advocates to learn how you can access NRG1 gene fusion cancer clinical trials matched to your unique cancer.