A Guide To Genomic Testing
This actionable genomic testing guide lays out the considerations when managing your diagnosis to help you with the process and to make sure no step is missed along the way.Call +1 844 627 7246
- Genomic testing is done to detect changes in the DNA of cancer patients and their tumors, using specialized techniques such as Next Generation Sequencing, genetic testing, and solid tumor testing.
- A biopsy of the tumor is sent to a lab to be analyzed for individual gene mutations that may respond to therapies.
- With the help of genomic tests, better targeted cancer treatment can be planned, including personalized treatments such as targeted therapies.
- Targeted therapies are developed to locate these mutations in cancer cells and prevent further reproduction and growth.
Some mutations in found in cancer includes:
- BRCA1, BRCA2, AKT1/2/3, NTRK1/2/3
- FGFR, FGFR1, FGFR2, HER2, BRAF, ROS1
- PIK3CA, MET, PTEN, ALK, KRAS, MDM2
- RAD51B, RAD51C, RAD51D, RAD54L
Trials Can Help
There are more than 12,000 active clinical trials involving biomarkers for many different cancer types taking place in the United States. Participating in a clinical trial not only progresses much-needed research, but also gives patients access to these new innovative therapies years before the general population.
The new treatments investigated in today’s cancer clinical trials are:
- Targeted therapies for new biomarkers
- Immunotherapy using new monoclonal antibodies
- Combinations of chemotherapies with other drugs
- New methods of surgery
At Massive Bio, our mission is to enable cancer patients to have equal access to cutting-edge therapies and clinical trials, regardless of their location and/or financial stability.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Clinical Trial Matching System connects patients and their treating oncologists to clinical trials according to their unique cancer case.
We enlist dedicated staff to collect medical records and treatment history and match patients to eligible trials near their home. We provide full support throughout your enrollment process to ensure logistics are handled so you can concentrate on your health.