A Guide To Esophageal Cancer Clinical Trials
Searching for esophageal cancer clinical trials can be difficult and understanding all treatment options is overwhelming. Patients with esophageal cancer may be wondering what the right course of action is to decide which treatment option and clinical trial is right for them.
It doesn’t have to be done alone.
We've created an actionable guide that lays out the considerations when dealing with esophageal cancer treatment and clinical trials to ensure no step is missed and to help manage the process.
Step 1: Understanding Esophageal Cancer
Understanding Esophageal Cancer
- The esophagus is a muscular tube that connects the throat to the stomach. The esophagus is eight inches long and lined with moist pink tissue (mucosa).
- Cancer of the esophagus starts when cells in the lining of the esophagus begin to grow out of control.
- Esophageal cancer is an aggressive disease that nearly 20,000 people will be diagnosed with in 2021 alone.
- Cancer of the esophagus is more common in men than in women. Many cases are linked to the use of tobacco, alcohol, or from excess body weight.
Step 2: How Clinical Trials Can Help
How Clinical Trials Can Help
There are currently over 140 active esophageal cancer clinical trials taking place in the United States. Participating in a clinical trial not only progresses much-needed research, but also gives patients access to these new innovative therapies years before the general population.
The new treatments investigated in today's esophageal cancer clinical trials are:
- Targeted therapies for new biomarkers
- Immunotherapy using new monoclonal antibodies
- Combinations of chemotherapies with other drugs
- New methods of surgery
Step 3: How We Can Help
How We Can Help
At Massive Bio, our mission is to enable cancer patients to have equal access to cutting-edge therapies and clinical trials, regardless of their location and/or financial stability.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Clinical Trial Matching System connects patients and their treating oncologists to clinical trials according to their unique cancer case.
We enlist dedicated staff to collect medical records and treatment history and match patients to eligible trials near their home. We provide full support throughout your enrollment process to ensure logistics are handled so you can concentrate on your health.
Would you like to learn more?
Finding this content to be helpful?
Share your email address with us to receive more information about how to navigate a cancer diagnosis and some bonus info detailing how we can help walk you through it all.
Interested in Esophageal Cancer Clinical Trials?
Massive Bio is 4x more successful in finding cancer clinical trial matches for patients than any other service provider. Partner with our patient advocates to learn how you can access esophageal cancer clinical trials matched to your unique cancer.