A Guide To Childhood Cancer Clinical Trials
Searching for childhood cancer clinical trials can be difficult and understanding all treatment options is overwhelming. Caregivers of patients with childhood cancer may be wondering what the right course of action is to decide which treatment option and clinical trial is right for their child.
It doesn’t have to be done alone.
We've created an actionable guide that lays out the considerations when dealing with childhood cancer treatment and clinical trials to ensure no step is missed and to help manage the process.
Step 1: Understanding Childhood Cancer
Understanding Childhood Cancer
- Childhood cancers can occur in children from birth to 15 years old. These cancers are rare and may differ from adult cancers in growth, spread, and treatments.
- Depending on the cancer type, common treatment options include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, immunotherapy, and stem cell transplant.
- The most common childhood cancer types are leukemia, brain tumors, and lymphoma.
- An increase in awareness and research efforts led to a 65% decrease in mortality rate of pediatric cancer patients from 1970 to 2016.
Step 2: How Clinical Trials Can Help
How Clinical Trials Can Help
There are currently over 130 active childhood cancer clinical trials taking place in the United States. Participating in a clinical trial not only progresses much-needed research, but also gives patients access to these new innovative therapies years before the general population.
The new treatments investigated in today's cancer clinical trials are:
- Targeted therapies for new biomarkers
- Immunotherapy using new monoclonal antibodies
- Combinations of chemotherapies with other drugs
- New methods of surgery
Step 3: How We Can Help
How We Can Help
At Massive Bio, our mission is to enable cancer patients to have equal access to cutting-edge therapies and clinical trials, regardless of their location and/or financial stability.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Clinical Trial Matching System connects patients and their treating oncologists to clinical trials according to their unique cancer case.
We enlist dedicated staff to collect medical records and treatment history and match patients to eligible trials near their home. We provide full support throughout your enrollment process to ensure logistics are handled so you can concentrate on your health.
Would you like to learn more?
Finding this content to be helpful?
Share your email address with us to receive more information about how to navigate a cancer diagnosis and some bonus info detailing how we can help walk you through it all.
Interested in Childhood Cancer Clinical Trials?
Massive Bio is 4x more successful in finding cancer clinical trial matches for patients than any other service provider. Partner with our patient advocates to learn how you can access childhood cancer clinical trials matched to your child’s unique cancer.