Massive Bio, headquartered in New York, is a team of molecular oncologists, diagnostics experts, computational biologists, and reimbursement specialists, that advise cancer patients and their oncologists on implementing personalized cancer testing and treatment strategies. We capture and automate precision oncology diagnostics and treatment expertise, and deliver over intuitive web interfaces to cancer patients/treating oncologists and enterprises around the globe at their point of care similar to virtual genomics tumor board. Massive Bio saves lives, improves patient outcomes while minimizing costs. We are the only company in the market that provides both clinical and economic benefits, from vendor neutral interpretation of tumor profiles, to reimbursement support for off-indication therapies. We personalize precision oncology.
Due to rapid growth of our company, we are seeking experienced oncology fellows from major teaching hospitals, to join us on a consulting basis under an industry-sponsored grant. The successful applicant will have experience in the field of oncology with a focus on precision medicine. Responsibilities include interpretation of cancer genomics and clinical data, development of diagnostic and treatment plans along with Massive Bio Virtual Tumor Board experts (equivalent to the role of a Consult Service fellow), documentation of performed services and maintaining administrative duties that pertain to the position. The schedule of activities is flexible based on availability.
Why to Apply
The Precision Oncology Fellowship is a biotechnology-based consulting program customized for Hematology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Gynecology-Oncology fellows currently training at an ACGME-accredited program. This opportunity is designed for such individuals to further their experience in the precision oncology and biotechnology industry through work experience and clinical research. You will become part of Massive Bio’s world-class multidisciplinary cancer team consisting of expert academic medical oncologists, molecular diagnostic scientists, reimbursement experts and data scientists — all working together for the advancement of precision cancer care. You will also become recipient of an industry-sponsored grant, which includes an opportunity for international travel (up to $35,000 dollars in any given year).
- Applicants must have an M.D. or D.O. degree and have demonstrated excellent qualifications in clinical care and education. Board certification/Board eligibility in primary specialty required. Fellows in Hematology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Gynecology-Oncology currently training at an ACGME-accredited program are invited to apply.
- Up-to-date on diagnostic and treatment strategies for solid tumors such as advanced stage lung, colon, pancreatic, prostate and breast cancer.
- Knowledgeable about cancer genomics and interpretation of tumor genomic profiling reports in the last 6 months.
- Able to understand integration of tumor profiling results into a treatment strategy, alongside other traditional reports in the Electronic Health Records (e.g. imaging studies, pathology, comorbidities, etc).
- Familiarity with cell signaling pathways, the various ways they can be perturbed in cancer, and subsequent treatment strategies.
- Outstanding recommendations from supervisors, colleagues and patients alike.
- Ability to dedicate 4 to 6 hours a week to designated tasks, under a flexible schedule that accommodates to fellow’s academic responsibilities.
- In addition to technical skills, excellent problem-solving, managerial and communications skills are required.
- Experience in clinical trials based on cancer genomics is preferred.
- We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Massive Bio, Inc is an EOE. Minorities/Women/Individuals with disabilities/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested to learn more about this and other exciting opportunities at Massive Bio, please visit here.
Selin Kurnaz, PhD
Co-founder and CEO, Massive Bio, Inc.