A Guide To Genomic Testing
Searching for cancer clinical trials for individual biomarkers can be difficult and understanding all treatment options is overwhelming.
Cancer patients who have received some form of genomic testing may be wondering what the right course of action is to decide which treatment option and clinical trial is right for them.
It doesn’t have to be done alone.
We've created an actionable guide that lays out the considerations when dealing with targeted cancer treatment and clinical trials to ensure no step is missed and to help manage the process.
Step 1: Understanding Genomic Testing
Understanding Genomic Testing
- Genomic testing is done to detect changes in the DNA of cancer patients and their tumors, using specialized techniques such as Next Generation Sequencing, genetic testing, and solid tumor testing.
- A biopsy of the tumor is sent to a lab to be analyzed for individual gene mutations that may respond to therapies.
- With the help of genomic tests, better targeted cancer treatment can be planned, including personalized treatments such as targeted therapies.
- Targeted therapies are developed to locate these mutations in cancer cells and prevent further reproduction and growth.
Step 2: How Clinical Trials Can Help
How Clinical Trials Can Help
There are more than 12,000 active clinical trials involving biomarkers for many different cancer types taking place in the United States. Participating in a clinical trial not only progresses much-needed research, but also gives patients access to these new innovative therapies years before the general population.
The new treatments investigated in today's cancer clinical trials are:
- Targeted therapies for new biomarkers
- Immunotherapy using new monoclonal antibodies
- Combinations of chemotherapies with other drugs
- New methods of surgery
Step 3: How We Can Help
How We Can Help
At Massive Bio, our mission is to enable cancer patients to have equal access to cutting-edge therapies and clinical trials, regardless of their location and/or financial stability.
Our Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Clinical Trial Matching System connects patients and their treating oncologists to clinical trials according to their unique cancer case.
We enlist dedicated staff to collect medical records and treatment history and match patients to eligible trials near their home. We provide full support throughout your enrollment process to ensure logistics are handled so you can concentrate on your health.
Would you like to learn more?
Finding this content to be helpful?
Share your email address with us to receive more information about how to navigate a cancer diagnosis and some bonus info detailing how we can help walk you through it all.
Interested in Cancer Clinical Trials?
Massive Bio is 4x more successful in finding cancer clinical trial matches for patients than any other service provider. Partner with our patient advocates to learn how you can access cancer clinical trials matched to your unique cancer and biomarker.